None on Record is a digital media organization dedicated to working with LGBT communities across the African continent and in the Diaspora. We focus our work in three areas – digital media production and documentation, technology and media training programs, and culture and innovation.
None on Record is looking for a dynamic, organized and proactive individual to take up the position of Administrator in our Nairobi, Kenya office.
The ideal candidate for this position is a dedicated and experienced professional able to successfully manage multiple tasks. We are looking for a candidate who is outcome-oriented and pays strong attention to details while working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be organised and reliable when dealing with organisational tasks and familiar and sensitive to the African LGBT community and context. They will be able to prioritise multiple assignments and work independently. The Administrator will be based in the Nairobi office.
- Draft contracts with support of management
- Coordinate all logistics for staff and board meetings
- Liaise with finance team
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying
- Maintain electronic and hardcopy filing system
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Perform data entry and scan documents
- Manage calendar for Managing Staff
- Assist in resolving any administrative problems
- Run company’s errands to post office and office supply store
- Answer calls to the office and field inquiries
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for staff, consultants and managers
- Maintain office supplies for department
Qualifications / Requirements
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and high level of autonomy
- Demonstrated 3 years of background experience as an Administrator or Administrative Assistant
- Excellent command of English and Kiswahili, both spoken and written
- Multitasking is necessary as well as the ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems
- Professionalism is a must, with ability to work well under stress and be flexible
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBT issues
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication, or administration is preferred
To apply for this position please email your CV/resume along with 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org until March 31st 2017.