None on Record is a digital media organization that works with LGBT communities across the African continent and in the Diaspora. We focus our work in three areas – digital media and documentation, technology and media training programs and culture and innovation.
None on Record is looking for a dynamic, result-oriented individual to take up the position of Director. The Director will be involved in all the projects developed by None on Record for the duration of their contract.
The Director will be responsible for overseeing all projects developed by None on Record as well as ensuring the deliverables of those projects are on deadline. The Director will also make final determination about the quality of the outputs, trainings, and every production before the work is presented. The Director is the most senior staff person and will be responsible for managing the entire team, which includes the hiring of new staff members and consultants, organising their responsibilities and contracts, and overseeing their work.
The Director is the main person responsible for creating and managing all contacts with partner organizations, funders and the Board of Directors of None on Record. Furthermore, this person will be responsible for designing and implementing the funding plan for None on Record, liaising with foundations, private donors, and other funding organisms.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience managing multiple projects and people. They will be able to plan and organize large productions and multi-country trainings and be conversant with the journalists and media network in Africa. They will be organized, reliable and familiar with the African LGBT arts community and will work closely with all other staff and consultants as well as the Board of Directors. The candidate will be someone who can work within small deadlines to manage personnel to deliver the products of each project with excellent quality. The Director will be based in the Nairobi office.
- Have overall responsibility for the projects.
- Manage all staff including but not restricted to contractors, consultants, finance team.
- Liaise with the Program Manager, Program Coordinator and Training Manager and Team.
- Liaise with funders and Board Members.
- Ensure the deadlines for all deliverables of all projects.
- Work with outreach staff to promote the projects on social media, etc.
Qualifications / Requirements
- At least 7 years experience managing multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking is necessary as well as the ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems
- Knowledge of digital media tools and social media platforms
- Professionalism is a must, with ability to work well under stress and be flexible.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBT issues; commitment to None on Record’s mission, goals and work.
- A Master’s degree in communication, journalism, law, social sciences, or public policy is preferred.
Applications for this position are closed.