Social Media Producer
None on Record is a digital media organization dedicated to working with LGBT communities across the African continent and in the Diaspora. We focus our work in three areas – digital media production and documentation, technology and media training programs, and culture and innovation. None on Record is looking for a dynamic, talented and proactive individual to take up the position of Social Media Producer in our Nairobi office.
The ideal candidate for this position is a dedicated and experienced professional who has a deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and audience development as well as strong and creative copywriting skills. Our new Social Media Producer has to be able to successfully manage multiple social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram Facebook, etc, as well as identify trends and areas of growth. We are looking for a candidate who is a skilled writer, able to represent the None On Record brand visually in our social media.
The person will be responsible for growing and maintaining None on Record’s social media audience on a variety of platforms. The ideal candidate should be outcome-oriented and is able to engage the community, the person should be organised and reliable when dealing with organisational tasks and familiar and sensitive to the African LGBT community and context. They will be able to prioritise multiple assignments and work independently.
The Social Media Producer will be based in the Nairobi office.
- Optimise, maintain, monitor and lead the social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Create and manage the social media content
- Interact with users
- Monitor online media, information sources and social channels.
- Coordinate and manage press and communication tasks
- Optimize and improve content on the website improving its structure in terms of functionality and usability
Qualifications / Requirements
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and high level of autonomy
- Familiarity with None on Record’s mission and ability to pinpoint the tone, voice and topics for multiple channels
- Strong writing, communication and organization skills in both English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Professionalism is a must, with ability to work well under stress and be flexible
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBT issues
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication or journalism is preferred
- 2 years of social media management and community engagement experience
- Strict attention to detail and strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and apply them successfully online
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment independently
To apply for this position please email your CV / Resume along with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org until April 1st 2017.