None on Record is a digital media organization that works with LGBT communities across the African continent and in the Diaspora. We focus our work in three areas – digital media and documentation, technology and media training programs and culture and innovation.
None on Record is looking for a dynamic, result-oriented individual to take up the position of Program Manager. The Program Manager will be involved in all the projects developed by None on Record for the duration of their contract.
The Program Manager will oversee the day to day of None on Record’s programs and ensure that the deliverables are on deadline and are of high quality. The Program Manager will work directly with the Program Coordinator and Training Manager as well as the head producer on all video outputs and makes decisions on consultant hires. The Program Manager presents all organising plans to the Executive Director for approval. The Program Manager will be the direct contact for the training team and the video production team and supports pre production.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience managing multiple projects. They will be able to plan and organize large productions and multi-country trainings and be conversant with the journalists and media network in Africa. They will be organized, reliable and familiar with the African LGBT arts community and will work closely with our Executive Director and other staff as well as manage a planning committee. The Program Manager will be based in the Nairobi office.
- Have overall responsibility for the projects.
- Manage all staff including contractors and production team.
- Liaise with the Program Coordinator and Training Manager.
- Ensure the deadlines for all deliverables.
- Work with outreach staff to promote the projects on social media, etc.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking is necessary as well as the ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems
- Knowledge of digital media tools and social media platforms
- Professionalism is a must, with ability to work well under stress and be flexible.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBT issues; commitment to NOR’s mission, goals and work
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication, law, social sciences, or public policy is preferred
To apply for this position please email your CV / Resume along with 3 references to email@example.com until September 14th 2016.