None on Record is a digital media organization that works with LGBT communities across the African continent and in the Diaspora. We focus our work in three areas – digital media and documentation, technology and media training programs and culture and innovation.
None on Record is looking for a dynamic, result-oriented individual to take up the position of Media Trainer. The Media Trainer will be involved in the trainings developed by None on Record for the duration of their contract.
The Media Trainer will be able to assist on the designing of digital media training curricula and will be able to implement the training, ensuring that they are useful and have a positive impact on participants. The media trainer will have expertise in using DSLR cameras to shoot video and take stills, experience in sound recording for video making, experience in working with audio, including the production of podcasts. The ideal candidate will also have experience using various film, audio and photography editing software, including open source software. The media trainer will assist the Training Manager and will also be responsible for managing training technology including cameras, laptops, audio devices and ensuring that all open source software has been downloaded to computers for participants to use. This person will also liaise with the rest of the training team.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in designing and implementing media trainings with community members. They will be able to be conversant with the journalists and media network in Africa. They will be organized, reliable and familiar with the African LGBT arts community. The Media Trainer can be based anywhere on the African continent but must have the ability to travel, spend time in Nairobi where None on Record’s main office is located and have access to a good and reliable internet connection.
- Assist the Training Manager with organizing and managing training technology.
- Facilitate digital media trainings with diverse lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities through out the African continent.
- Assist on the development of the Training curriculum.
- Liaise with the Training Manager and other Trainers.
- Work with outreach staff to promote the projects on social media, etc.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to design and implement media trainings.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking is necessary as well as the ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems.
- Deep knowledge of digital media tools, editing software and social media platforms.
- Professionalism is a must, with ability to work well under stress and be flexible.
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBT issues; commitment to NOR’s mission, goals and work.
To apply for this position please email your CV / Resume along with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.