None on Record is a digital media organization that works with LGBT communities across the African continent and in the Diaspora. We focus our work in three areas – digital media and documentation, technology & media training programs and culture and innovation.
None on Record is looking for a dynamic, result-oriented individual to take up the position of Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator will be involved in all the projects developed by None on Record for the duration of their contract.
The Program Coordinator will oversee the logistics of all training and productions. They will support the Program Manager in organising travel, works with administrative staff on visa applications, works with finance department to ensure that all payments are done on time and that all contracts are in line with current Kenyan tax laws.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience managing multiple projects. They will be able to plan and organize large events and be conversant with the journalists and media network in Africa. They will be organized, reliable and familiar with the African LGBT arts community and will work closely with our Executive Director and other staff as well as manage a planning committee. The Program Manager will be based in the Nairobi office.
- Liaise with organisations in all the regions involved in the projects.
- Liaise with the finance department.
- Organize traveling logistics of the projects.
- Liaise with the Program Manager and Training Manager.
- Support the planning of the training curriculum.
- Work with outreach staff to promote the projects on social media, etc.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking is necessary as well as the ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems
- Knowledge of digital media tools and social media platforms
- Professionalism is a must, with ability to work well under stress and be flexible.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBT issues; commitment to NOR’s mission, goals and work
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication, law, social sciences, or public policy is preferred
To apply for this position please email your CV / Resume along with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org until September 14th 2016.