None on Record is a digital media organization that works with LGBT communities across the African continent and in the Diaspora. We focus our work in three areas – digital media and documentation, technology and media training programs and culture and innovation.
None on Record is looking for a dynamic, result-oriented individual to take up the position of Training Manager. The Training Manager will be involved in all the projects developed by None on Record for the duration of their contract.
The Training Manager will oversee the development of the digital media training curriculum and will work directly with the all of the trainers and the organisations to ensure that the trainings are useful and have a positive impact on participants. The Training Manager will also be responsible for managing all of the training technology including cameras, laptops, audio devices and ensures that all open source software has been downloaded to computers for participants to use. The Training Manager will be the point person for all training related technical situations as they arise.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience managing multiple projects. They will be able to plan & organize large events and be conversant with the journalists and media network in Africa. They will be organized, reliable and familiar with the African LGBT arts community and will work closely with our Executive Director and other staff as well as manage a planning committee. The Program Manager will be based in the Nairobi office.
- Organize and manage all training technology.
- Liaise with participants and trainers.
- Oversee the development of the Training curriculum.
- Liaise with the Program Manager and Training Manager.
- Work with outreach staff to promote the projects on social media, etc.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking is necessary as well as the ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems.
- Knowledge of digital media tools and social media platforms.
- Professionalism is a must, with ability to work well under stress and be flexible.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBT issues; commitment to NOR’s mission, goals and work.
Applications for this position are closed.